Friday, November 24, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #8

Thirteen Things I am Thankful For

1. Life

2. Belonging to Family and Community

3. Stories--for their role in co-creating self, community, and culture; for the weaving of stories is the weaving of the fabric of life.

4. Home--the place of refuge and its amenities--having experienced two weeks living on the street I can never take such for granted again.

5. Regular meals--again, having experienced on several occasions their lack, it is natural to feel grateful.when they're available.

6. Libraries--how else would I gain access to several thousand dollars of books and videos every year.

7. The adoration and companionship of my two cats, Gremlin and Merlin.

8. Computer and Internet technology because it gives me the tools I need to follow my bliss and to accomodate to the various challenges my life circumstances have handed me.

9. My laptop--ditto and because it gives me 24/7 possession of and access to my projects.

10. Both Nature and Civilization in equal measure.

11. Music

12. The Fruits of the Spirit with which I have been gifted and charged with nurturing and manifesting in my life--love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, kindness, temperence, faith, and meekness as well as grace, wisdom, justice, mercy, hope, courage, abundance, gratitude, liberty of mind and conscience, balance, awe, compassion, and wonder among others.

13. That which is my Source and Sustainer and the Animating Spirit which Breathes me and seeds within me its Fruits--not to be confused with any posited supernatural entity for it is not a being but very Being, it is not noun but verb and must not be named for naming defines and delimits and thereby creates things which can be no more than idols

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1.

(leave your link in comments, I'll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


0 tell me a story:

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP