Sunday, October 22, 2023

Sweet Simplicity -- Sunday Serenity

 

Fingerfood for Read-a-Thons


Today, for the moment anyway, I'm holding this weekend's read-a-thon as a triumph rather than a fail.  I only made it fifteen of the twenty-four hours as I couldn't sleep the night before so I was already at twenty-four hours awake by 9am.  But the triumph was in reading a novel cover to cover in under ten hours.  I'm reveling in that today.  Also in the fact that I actually started reading at 3am after two hours of failing to sleep and thus had actually read for seventeen hours.  I also added another five hours today after waking from a fifteen hour sleep.

Pictured above is one of the thon food treats, a bowl of purple seedless grapes, slices of Honey Crisp apples and slices of carrot.  There are supposed to be snow peas in the mix but I couldn't find them in the fridge and don't know whether my caretaker stuck them in some spot I'm not thinking to look or was unable to find them when she shopped for me.

The question now as midnight closes in is whether I'm going to sleep again before dawn as a fifteen hour sleep is often followed by over 20 hours awake.  But if I don't sleep it isn't just me that suffers but also my caregiver as it affects how I function which affects every aspect of the time she is on the clock with me.  My mood colors her mood.  My inability to participate fully in the day's activities creates a dynamic that neither of us enjoys.  Important chores and errands get put off sometimes causing us to have to cram too much into a single day later in the week.

I wish I still had some of the chicken and rice casserole that gave me the nap attack yesterday afternoon... 

0 tell me a story:

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP