Sunday, October 29, 2023

Breaking the Ice -- Sunday Serenity

 

Hat Crocheted with Ice Picasso


When I finally had my crochet corner back in order Friday night, I needed to crochet to test drive it but the several projects that were active when I was so rudely interrupted in early August were all quite complex and it is going to take me some time to remind myself exactly what I need to do next--involves a lot of stitch counting and row counting. 

So I allowed myself to break a rule and start something new before finishing a WIP.  Besides a new yarn I bought last month was singing a siren song.  Three small skeins of Ice brand Picasso yarn.  Enough for a hat and scarf set.

I won the argument with myself by acknowledging that a quick finish of a small project would fill me with warm encouragement.  And with both warmth and encouragement in short supply that clinched the deal. 

I would have had the hat finished by late last night but about 3/4 into the first skein I found my working strand snarled with the last several yards of the skein and that snarl took me a couple hours to untangle this evening.  I had been just about to start the band across the forehead when I had to quit Saturday night and that took me about an hour tonight.

I may go ahead and start the scarf tonight but starting to morrow I will be trading off between the scarf and one or more of the projects interrupted in August.  More on them Friday with the next Friday Fiber post. 

I pondered leaving the story of this hat for Friday but this is about more than the Fiber art.  It is about reconnecting with the joy and contentment that crocheting brings me and that is the essence of Sunday Serenity.


0 tell me a story:

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP