Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Raven Kissing the Rainbow? #Preptober #ROW80

Raven Kissing a Rainbow Bird?


That's my new mousepad for my Fusion 5 Windows Tablet.  I found it when I was shopping for Raven misc. in honor of Ed a couple weeks ago.  Ed considered Raven to be his Spirit Animal in the Lakota tradition.  I was looking for some other very specific things that day which I'll discuss in a future post but when this mousepad showed up I knew I'd found the one I wanted for my Fusion 5. Rainbows have been one of my things for decades so it felt fitting.  Like Raven represent Ed and the rainbow bird represented me.

Now the first time I saw this I was sure that rainbow was shaped like a bird which made it look like Raven was kissing his rainbow reflection.  But sometimes I see it different.  Often I don't see the bird shape in the rainbow and it just looks like Raven is drinking the rainbow.  Or worse, if my mood is in a funk, barfing a rainbow.

What do you see?

Meanwhile, I'm still working on Ed's apartment.  Have nearly completed the sort and pack of everything except the kitchen.  The kitchen has been slow-going because every item and every surface has to be scrubbed and washed multiple times for the caked on, baked on food and a greasy/soapy scum coating everything.  All the dishes and pots and pans have to be washed by hand and then run through the dishwasher on pot-scrub cycle which means two soap capsules instead of one.  I can only scrub for five to fifteen minutes at a stretch.  Well a week ago it was closer to five minutes but now I'm building up past fifteen.

Also slowing me down in the kitchen is having to wait for the dishwasher to run in order to proceed.  This frustrates my tendency to want to focus on one task and get it done.  I have to move on to one of the sorting projects and trust myself to remember to return to the kitchen to have the next go-around with emptying the dishwasher, refilling it from what is soaking in the sink and then filling the sink with the next batch before returning to the pile of clothes or the boxes of book, electronics, papers, self-care aids, and miscellanea.

Tomorrow by noon, I won't have those other projects to trade-off with the kitchen.  So maybe I'll find some time to peek into my files and set up my NaNo project during one of my breaks from the kitchen.  But it is also true that the bulk of the dishes and pans are already clean and packed which means there is room to maneuver in the kitchen while the dishwasher is running in order to do some of the scrubbing of the surfaces--counters, cupboard doors, stove, dishwasher door, refrigerator and floor.  

On the other hand, I probably shouldn't push the scrubbing past twenty minutes even if I feel fine at the time as sometimes the pain in my hands, wrists, elbows and back doesn't show up for hours.  It's favorite time to show up is after I'm in bed, keeping me awake. 


 Abbie Emmons Wants to Be Your NaNoWriMo Writing Coach

Sign up now and receive a letter a day of encouragement and tips with a hand selected video from her archives targeting the stage of the novel you should be tackling that day.

And she encourages you to reply sharing what you are doing and how/if her letter is helping.

What does she ask in return?  Nothing.

Of course this puts you on her mailing list in anticipation of her next novel's release.  But who wouldn't want that?

0 tell me a story:

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP