Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thusday Thirteen

Thirteen Things about Joy

1. This is the first time I've done a meme and I'm sure it will show.

2. If it takes me as long to do this as it does most of my posts, it won't be Thursday anymore by the time I post it.

3. Stories are my passion. Reading and Writing them. Fiction and NF. Poetry and News. It's all story.

4. My office is my bedroom.

5. My bedroom is the guest room at my in-law's.

6. Said room is shared with husband and two cats on leashes so they can't get into the closet or out the door. (The cats are on leashes not hubby! LOL)

7. Cats stats: Gremlin is a female Siamese, Tabby, Abyssinian mix born in 93. She is a Geisha disguised as a cat. Merlin is a male Orange Tabby mongrel we rescued from the pound. He is an ox masquerading as a cat. When I take them outside on their leashes Merlin about yanks me off my feet trying to get to the next blade of grass while Gremlin prefers to ride on my shoulder singing invitations to the neighborhood toms. As soon as I get a digital camera I will share pics of them here.

8. I've been blogging for almost two years. Intermittently at times.

9. I just got a DSL and WIFI connection eleven days ago and have been on a click spree ever since, going where no dial-up ever dares to go. Sooooo many You Tubes!

10. I finish an average of 100 books per year. I start three or four times that many. I'm going to come in waaay below the average this year though if I don't re-learn how to close the lid on my laptop again.

11. Needlecraft--Needlepoint, embroidery and counted cross stitch are another of my passions. I'll share pics of my needlework once I have a digital camera.

12. Whether it is reading, writing or stitching I have a bad habit of starting waaaay more things than I finish.

13. I'm planning to participate in NaNoWriMo for the third time this year. If I reach the finish line it will be the first time. I would like to make the 50,000 word quota even if the novel is nowhere close to finished. To do that I will have to learn to let a rough-draft be rough. Is three weeks enough time to conquer a 40+ year nemesis?

Links to other Thursday Thirteens! 1. Tink 2. Skyelarke 3. MommyBa 4. amy 5. Judy Callarman (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here! I appologize that it took me so long to get your links added here. I will do better next time.)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


6 tell me a story:

Tink 10/06/2006 2:26 AM  

Welcome to the TT-family! Great start, nice to meet you.
My TT is about witches.

Kristi Tencarre 10/06/2006 4:56 AM  

we have something in common: starting too many things to finish! lol. I don't start as many books as you, but i do start too many books that I don't have time to finish. I laugh everytime that I remember I bought the book: "The Overload Syndrome" but never had time to read it: too overloaded! ha.

Tink 10/06/2006 10:35 AM  

Hi again! I can recommend Blogger Beta. The only disadvantage is you have to build up everything to get your exact lay-out back. It helps to leave a window open with your "old" blog while you make up the new one. But once that's done, everything is easier and faster!

Anonymous,  10/06/2006 2:28 PM  

Welcome to Thursday Thirteen!

It's great to know more about you :)

Have fun this weekend!

Anonymous,  10/06/2006 2:43 PM  

you actually did a good job. thanks for sharing

Judy Callarman, Scrabble Has-Been 10/06/2006 7:19 PM  

You did an excellent job on your list of thirteen! I speak from experience, having just done my second.

I just read your sidebar piece about cutting away from fundamental Christianity, and I was just wondering if you've written anything about why? In my blog, I wrote my "Faith Story," as part of a "Bloggy Tour of Testimonies" last week. I spent 51 years as a lukewarm Christian and finally fell into peace and freedom in God. Looks like we are on opposite tracks.

Would you e-mail me the link to an entry where you tell your story, if you have one? My address: judycallarman@yahoo.com

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP