Friday, August 02, 2013

Library Loot


I spent two hours in the Longview Library this afternoon.  My sister cut me loose with her card again. My entire haul is pictured above.  Top row (and far left book) are NF and the bottom row novels.  First visit since January.

I'm going to list them below because I need the list for my records anyway but that's all I can manage tonight.  I'd hoped to comment on each one and share why I'm enthused about it (and I am enthused about each one) but it is past my bedtime again and it has been an especially long day.

Non-Fiction [book on far left + top row]:

Surfaces and Essences: Analogy as the Fuel and Fire of Thinking
by Douglas R. Hofstadter & Emmanuel Sander
Big Data: A Revolution That Will Transform How We Live, Work, and Think
by Viktor Mayer-Schönberger & Kenneth Cukier
Give and Take: A Revolutionary Approach to Success
by Adam M. Grant
Sticks and Stones: Defeating the Culture of Bullying and Rediscovering the Power of Character and Empathy
by Emily Bazelon
The Cushion in the Road: Meditation and Wandering as the Whole World Awakens to Being in Harm's Way
by Alice Walker
Stranger Magic: Charmed States and the Arabian Nights
by Marina Warner

Fiction [bottom row]:

You
by Austin Grossman
Schroder
by Amity Gaige
Daddy Love
by Joyce Carol Oates
The Accursed
by Joyce Carol Oates
In the House upon the Dirt between the Lake and the Woods
by Matt Bell

0 tell me a story:

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP