Sunday, November 05, 2023

Meet Mr. Merryweather Giggles -- Sunday Serenity

 

Mr Merryweather Giggles
and My New Glider Rocker


My caregiver, Laura, took me to the Habitat for Humanity thrift store last Thursday.  I was looking for a deep glass baking dish for casseroles, hopefully blue.  I left with so much more than I knew I wanted before walking in those doors.  The two things I've gotten the most joy out of in the last several days is the glider rocker and the blue rooster.

I dreamed of having my own glider rocker since the first time I sat in one back before I married while on a babysitting job.  But it was never to be.  Until now.  As soon as I saw it, I had to sit down in it and instantly all the hullabaloo of sensory overload such a place as a thrift store imparts was dampened by the gentle glide.  I was instantly serene.

Before I could quite assimilate to this sensation tho, Laura exclaimed saying "You have to see this."  and disappeared because one step takes her out of my limited visual field.  But she was back in seconds and setting something into my arms that nearly filed them and I thought it must be a doll because the first thing I got focused on was the real toddler shoes.  Tracking up from the shoes towards the expected baby doll face I found instead the rooster and started giggling.

Laura knew I'd get a kick out of it as it was a form of fiber art and it was my colors which is any shade of blue.  I marveled at the handiwork.  Someone had put a lot of loving care into the project.  Eventually tho I had to hand it back to her to put back on the shelf and found myself saddened by it.  But we had to get with it as in about 90 minutes Laura had to clock out with me safely back at home.

I found my blue casserole dish and several other glass baking dishes, some of which would work in the toaster and/or microwave as well.  I found several DVD, a hand painted snowman ornament and a decorative wooden treasure chest.  I'd laid claim to the rocker as soon as I stood up from it and someone whisked it out back for us to pick it up after we checked out.

It wasn't until we were checking out that I decided I couldn't leave without the rooster as well.  I was still grinning and giggling in my heart every time it crossed my mind that whole hour.  So I told Laura and she went back to fetch it.

By bringing home the rocker though I had to give up my rolling office chair.  As soon as Laura brought the rocker inside she rolled the office chair out and packed it in her van so she could run it over to Habitat for Humanity the following day.  I miss being able to wheel up and down my 8ft piecemeal desk and swiveling side to side but it's worth it.  So far. 

I've got a small rug upside down under it so that it slides on the floor. Just not while I'm sitting in it. This allows me to position it in front of the section of desk I want to use or to position it facing either the TV or the front window and then roll or slide the section of desk I need in front of it.  It takes a little extra work to set up for a project but it is functioning and so much more comfortable for extended sessions.


0 tell me a story:

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP