Sunday, April 30, 2023

Sunday Serenity - Crocheting Lacy Baby Blankets

Round Lace Baby Blankets for Twin Girls

It's hard to top a 24 hour read-a-thon but a day of crocheting comes close. Plus I can still read with audio books if I choose. Tho I might catch up on pods instead.

Pictured above is a set of baby blankets for twins made in the round. As usual I'm not working off a pattern but sculpting the vision in my head. I guess I didn't realize how similar to Victorian Doilies they would look. Yet I'm still liking. But then I'm weird. I'm not the one who needs to like them.

I'm using a lace weight bamboo yarn. The thread is smaller than size 10 cotton crochet thread by at least half. They each have a solid circle about the size of a dinner plate surrounded with a lacy stitch. The one on the left is done with a center using double crochet stitched between the stems with a stacked V stitch between single chains for the lacy surround. The one on the right is done with straight up double crochet as the solid center with three chain loops and single crochet for the lace.

0 tell me a story:

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP