A Round of Words in 80 Days
Round 4 2015
The writing challenge that
knows you have a life
The start of NaNo was the impetus I needed to jump back in. I kinda knew if I ditched NaNo the fact of a first miss since 2004 would ditch my morale so that it might be months or years before I found the motivation again.
Because I jumped into NaNo Monday night, I decided I should also join ROW80 even tho its a month late for Round 4. I need the motivation and accountability only a group can provide. It also provides the incentive to keep going after November 30.
For my goals I'm going with what I set up for Round 1 in January (which I dropped out of before the end of the month) with a few tweaks for NaNo.
My Round 4 intentions: seek to regain my joy/Joy in writing and to prepare the soil for its blooming with these time investment goals:
- Storydreaming 15min Daily
- Read/Study Craft 15min Daily
- Move/Breathe/Meditate 15min Daily
- Personal Journaling 15min Daily
- Read Fiction 30min Daily
- Blog post Writing/Editing. 15-60min Daily. (this is also a boundary. 60min max even if that means the post isn't ready to publish. No more pressuring myself to post daily even if it means spending 2, 4, 6 hours and upwards getting it prepped.
- Social network activities 30min Daily (writing Joystory posts doesn't count only social reaching out like reading/commenting on other blogs, guest posts and posting to fb, twitter, pinterest etc)
- Fiddling in my Fiction Files. 30min Daily (includes editing WIP, outlining, character sketches, editing, adding/subtracting, and organizing info in WIP note files. 30min Daily
- Scene Writing. 500 words or 30min Daily whichever comes first. (for November that means my NaNo Novel, Living Hope. And I will have to step it up if I hope to keep my NaNo winning streak. But I know I can't come back from an 11mo writing hiatus and require myself to maintain a 1666 word pace.
Current Joy Meter: under 50%