I'm authorized to give away 1 copy. Rules for entry in the drawing are below. Please read them carefully.
Angry Conversations with God: A Snarky but Authentic Spiritual Memoir
By Susan E. Isaacs
Disillusioned, disenfranchised, and disinterested in anything churchy, Susan Isaacs knew of only one thing to do when she hit spiritual rock bottom at age 40. . . . She took God to couples counseling.
In this cuttingly poignant memoir, Susan Isaacs chronicles her rocky relationship with the Almighty--from early childhood to midlife crisis--and all the churches where she and God tried to make a home: Pentecostals, Slackers for Jesus, and the über-intellectuals who turned everything, including the weekly church announcements, into a three-point sermon. Casting herself as the neglected spouse, Susan faces her inner nag and the ridiculous expectations she put on God--some her own, and some from her "crazy in-laws" at church. Originally staged as a solo show in
New Yorkand , ANGRY CONVERSATIONS WITH GOD is a cheeky, heartfelt memoir that, even at its most scandalous, is still an affirmation of faith. Los Angeles
- Leave a comment in this post expressing your interest in entering the drawing.
- Provide an @ by which I can contact you in case of a win. Either in your comment or in an email to me at joystory AT gmail DOT com If you email your @ be sure to connect it to your entry. If I do not receive an @ your entry will be disqualified.
- If, in the case of a win, you would like me link to your blog in the winners announcement post, provide your URL in your comment or via email. This is not a requirement for entering nor do you have to have a blog yourself in order to enter.
- If you blog about this giveaway, send me a link to the post and your name will be entered a second time.
- Deadline for entering is NOON PST April 11, 2009. I will select the winners with a random number generator using www.random.org
- Winners must provide a US or Canadian mailing address. Hachette is unable to deliver to PO Boxes.