Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #116

Am feeling some better today and was dabbling a bit in word games over at Pogo where I signed up for a two week trial to celebrate the end of NaNoWriMo. One of my favorite word games is unscrambling words and/or seeing how many words I can make from the letters of a given word of 6 to 8 letters and in the latter case preferably scrambled so that the full word has to be discovered.

My favorite online version of this game is Word Twist. I just like its interface better for a number of reasons. Not the least is that there is little visual and audio clutter and the font sizes and game pieces are of a good size and clarity for my vision limitations.

But Pogo's version is Word Whomp so that's the one I have been playing today. I decided to collect thirteen of the scrambled 'words' and present them here and let you have fun solving them in comments. I collected the answers as well and will post them in comments late Sunday or sometime on Monday.



Thirteen Scrambled Words


  1. dlgyla =
  2. nspoos =
  3. odhysd =
  4. atpouy =
  5. iohsdm =
  6. mitpeu =
  7. riignt =
  8. rfliel =
  9. lfrfie =
  10. utrnta = (oops. had this typed in wrong. fixed it)
  11. tmaclu =
  12. opfylp =
  13. rhwtec =

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!



The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


4 tell me a story:

Denise Patrick 12/10/2008 11:11 PM  

I love word games of all types, too. Twist Text was my favorite on my Palm Pilot until it died. My newest favorite is Bookworm, which I can waste hours playing.

I was able to solve all of them except #10. Are you sure it's typed right? Anyway, here are the other ones:

gladly
spoons
shoddy
payout
modish
impute
tiring
filler
riffle
talcum
floppy
wretch

Happy TT and thanks for the fun!

Joy Renee 12/11/2008 12:51 AM  

Denise: glad you had fun. sorry about the typo. I've fixed it. and if you get it now I won't need to post the answers. :)

btw there are 2 correct answers for the second word.

Carol 12/11/2008 6:29 AM  

sponsor for the 2nd one and truant for #10?

Denise Patrick 12/11/2008 7:43 AM  

Carol's right about #10, but the second word for #2 is snoops.

Thanks for visiting my TT.

Blog Directories

Saysher.com

Sitemeter

Feed Buttons

Powered By Blogger

About This Blog

Web Wonders

Once Upon a Time

alt

alt

alt

alt

70 Days of Sweat

Yes, master.

Epic Kindle Giveaway Jan 11-13 2012

I Melted the Internet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP